Tuesday, June 14, 2011

and the journey begins

Well here it all begins...the first blog post on my journey to Kampala, Uganda and in some small way the beginning of the realization that I am going to Africa.  Crazy.  Less that two weeks from now, I will be heading to Kampala, Uganda to spend one month at Another Hope Children's Ministries, an organization that reaches out to the children of the Wakiso District.  These children have all suffered similar stories of neglect, abuse, and abandonment due to HIV/AIDS.   Through the vision of director Ruth Bulyaba, these children have been given a second chance and have been welcomed into a family of love and hope.  It still amazes me that God has allowed me to become even the smallest part of their story and maybe, just maybe, I might be blessed with the chance to make an impact on even one life. 


The past few weeks since being home have been truly incredible.  Having the time and space to pour myself into God's word and see His beauty all around me has challenged my heart and transformed much of my nervousness into excitement and anticipation.  I am still constantly taken aback at the truly incredible way God engineers our circumstances, in both the big and small ways, to place us right where He wants us.  Do I have any idea what to expect going into this next big adventure?  Not a clue.  But the discomfort of not knowing exactly what steps are before me is what makes these unique opportunities so exciting.  We're not called to live in our daily comforts and sometimes the only way to find out if you're going in the right direction is to take a gigantic leap into the unknown.  


It has also been an amazing blessing to listen to and read about the stories of so many people who are going out each day to make a difference.  Whether it be at summer camps, volunteer projects, PGlobals, or in our own communities, it has been a great joy to see so many people with wonderful hearts showing love to people around the world.  So to all of you, I love you, I'm proud of you, and I'm praying for you. :)


And with that, here is my mailing address.  One small word of caution:  mail in Africa is less than predictable and can take any where from two weeks to two months to arrive so sending things sooner rather than later is always a great way to go :) . 
Mailing address:
Nombowa Ruth Bulyaba
Executive Director
Attn: Jenny Campfield
Another Hope Children's Ministry
P.O. Box 28407
Kampala, Uganda, East Africa


My internet connection will not be the greatest once I arrive at Another Hope but I will hopefully be able to visit an internet cafe once or twice a week to keep everyone updated.  For now, keep speadin the love of Jesus. :)


PS...here is a link to Another Hope's website if you'd like to learn more:
Another Hope Children's Ministries

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I am so sorry that I posted 'Good luck in Ghana!' on your facebook wall. I feel like such a horrible friend and person for getting it wrong. With the excitement of everything that I'm doing it's so hard to stay focused at times! Anyway, I just want you to know that I love you and am thinking of you everyday. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and if I know you, you will not be touching just one life while you are there but the life of everyone you meet. Stay strong and listen to your heart. May God bless you and be with you every step of the way. Good luck!!

    P.S. Thank you so much for the letter yet again. I reread it today and it gave me renewed strength. Thank you for being the incredible person that you are. <3

    Love always,
    Chels =]

    ReplyDelete